Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Cyndi Lauper rocks at CBS Early Show performance

I got to see and hear the lovely and talented Cyndi Lauper perform for CBS Early Show (airdate July 30). She was fabulous, singing two songs from her new blues CD Memphis Blues- Crossroads and Rollin and Tumblin. I have the CD and it is terrific; she has the perfect voice for the blues.

She also sang "Girls Just Wanna Have Fun", which turned into a huge crowd sing-a-long, and she closed with an acoustic version of "True Colors".

Everyone loved her and after Harry Smith mentioned twice that she recently turned 57, Cyndi asked him "What am I- a car? You keep talking about my age!" Smith growled, "If you're a car, I want to take a ride".   Cyndi blushed and laughed.


1 comment:

  1. I love your design! The marquis is a perfect theme for you!

    ReplyDelete