Powered By Blogger

Monday, December 13, 2010

Maisie Dobbs Read-Along

Book club girl is sponsoring a  I'm Mad for Maisie Read-Along  starting in January. If you don't know who Maisie Dobbs is, she is a female private investigator living in 1920's London. I loved the first book, and am so looking forward to reading the rest of the series.

Jacqueline Winspear, the author of the series, has done such a wonderful job researching the post-World War I life in London, you really feel like you are submerged in the middle of that era. The characters are well-drawn, and I particularly like the relationship between Maisie and her assistant Billy.

Maisie deals with many men and women who have been scarred by war, and that also makes it a timely read. She is also the only female private investigator in London, which has its own complications.

I hope you'll join us on our journey with Maisie; I for one am so happy to be a part of this adventure.


2 comments: