Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Can't Wait for Downton Abbey to Return? Join This Read Along!

If you became a fan of PBS' Downton Abbey and like me can't wait until January 6th when season three will be shown in the US, then Book Club Girl has just the thing for you.

The Passing Bells trilogy by Phillip Rock, first published in the 1970s and 80s, is being republished just in time for the return of our beloved Downton Abbey. Set during and after WWI in Britain, these books were frequently mentioned in articles as good books for Downton Abbey fans to read.

I'm joining Book Club Girl's read along of The Passing Bells, Circles of Time and A Future Arrived and I hope that you will join us too.

Readers of my blog know that I am a big fan of Jacqueline Winspear's Maisie Dobbs novels, also set following WWI, and this seems like a good companion to those books as well.

Click on the link below to sign up for the Read Along, and if you are among the first ten people to sign up, you'll get a free copy of The Passing Bells.

BookClubGirl The Passing Bells Read Along


1 comment:

  1. I have an old cvopy of Phillip Rock's book Circles of Time. Never have found book one but I remain hopeful. Maybe i need to broaden my search beyond the used book store :-)

    Downtown Abbey has been recommended to me and I look forward to that one.

    ReplyDelete