Powered By Blogger

Saturday, January 27, 2018

Weekend Cooking- Healthier Recipes from Marlene Koch

This post is part of Beth Fish Reads' Weekend Cooking.  If you have anything related to food, cookbook reviews, novel or non-fiction book reviews, recipes, movie reviews, etc., head over to Beth Fish Reads and add your post. Or, if you want to read food related posts, head over to read what some interesting people have to say about food.

One of goals for 2018 is to eat healthier, so with that in mind, I pulled out my Marlene Koch books, Eat What You Love and Eat More of What You Love to look for some new recipes.

It's been colder, so I turned to the soup section. One for Chicken Pot Pie Soup caught my eye. I'm trying to get more vegetables in our diet, and soup is a good way to do (hide) that.

I made a big pot of soup and although I made the soup more for my husband, I absolutely loved it! I ate it for dinner one night, had leftovers for lunch the next day, and then dinner again. We had a side salad (with Koch's Green Goddess salad dressing) and I had a banana that was getting soft so I made a banana bread to go with dinner too.

It was so creamy and flavorful, you would never guess that it was low fat. The recipe for Chicken Pot Pie Soup is on Marlene Koch's website here.



print recipe

Green Goddess Dressing
Marlene Koch's Green Goddess Dressing from her Eat More of What You Love cookbook.
Ingredients
  • 1/4 cup Light mayonnaise
  • 1/4 cup plain low-fat yogurt
  • 1/3 cup 1% milk
  • 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
  • 2 tablespoons chopped chives
  • 1/4 teaspoon dried tarragon
  • 1 tablespoon white wine or cider vinegar
  • 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
  • 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
  • 1/8 teaspoon salt
  • 1/2 teaspoon anchovy paste (optional)
Instructions
Combine all the ingredients in blender and blend briefly just until smooth.
Details
Prep time: Cook time: Total time: Yield: 1 cup


 I'll keep you posted on our journey to eat healthier and my quest to find more lowfat soup recipes. Let me know in comments if you have any great recipes.


4 comments:

  1. Oh I'm going to have to see about those cookbooks. We eat pretty well, but I'm always looking for new ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, just read the chicken pot pie soup recipe. That looks yummy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Everybody loves soup. This is the second Weekend Cooking soup in a row, and I'd call it another winner.

    best... mae at maefood.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yum! I think I like the sound of the salad dressing even more than the soup. I bought anchovy paste once and never even opened it! I wonder if it's still good. May make this salad dressing this week, if it is!

    ReplyDelete