Powered By Blogger

Sunday, June 9, 2019

Cookbooks from Book Expo

This post is part of Beth Fish Reads' Weekend Cooking.  If you have anything related to food, cookbook reviews, novel or non-fiction book reviews, recipes, movie reviews, etc., head over to Beth Fish Reads and add your post. Or, if you want to read food related posts, head over to read what some interesting people have to say about food.

Each year at Book Expo I look to see if there are any cookbooks that I would like to pick up. In years past I have been introduced to wonderful cookbooks like Marlene Koch's Eat What You Love series of healthier cookbooks. (I've made her Steak Diane and French Onion Chicken several times. Her website is here.)

I also found The Great Rotisserie Chicken Cookbook by Eric Akis, which is perfect for when I pick up a $4.99 rotisserie chicken at Costco. You know that Open-faced Hot Chicken Sandwiches With Onion Gravy will be on the menu for dinner for dinner that night.

This year I only picked up two cookbooks- The Peach Truck Cookbook, which has "100 recipes for all things peach". I do like peaches, but I didn't know anything about Jessica and Stephen Rose or their Nashville peach truck, featuring Pearson Farm peaches from Georgia. Next time I'm in Nashville, I'll be sure to look them up.

Glancing through the book, I'd like to try The Grilled Cheeserie's Shaved Peach Melt from another food truck in Nashville, Proscuitto, Burrata and Pan-Roasted Peach Salad and Bourbon Peach Bread Pudding. It's a gorgeous book, with beautiful photos and lots of great information for anyone visiting Nashville. Their website is here.

The other book I found was Taste of Home 201 Recipes You'll Make Forever. Taste of Home usually has a presence at the Book Expo, and this year's book is perfect for someone who has limited space for cookbooks and likes to make simple, crowd-pleasing, traditional dishes. All of the recipes are submitted by readers, and they are time-tested winners.

I'm going to try Aunt Frances' Lemonade, a recipe from Debbie Reinhart who said that her aunt always had a pitcher of this in her refrigerator.  It consists of mixing the juice of four lemons, four limes, four oranges, three quarts of water and 1 1/2 to 2 cups of sugar, and garnishing with lemon, lime and orange slices over ice. It sounds so refreshing.

The Chicken Gyros, Toasted Reubens and Hearty Pasta Fajioli will all get a tryout in my kitchen very soon. This cookbook is good for all skill levels, and most of the recipes are made with fresh ingredients. Taste of Home's website is here for more information on their multitude of cookbooks.

After reading through these books, I feel like I should get moving in the kitchen. Until next week!




3 comments:

  1. Instead of a Book Expo, we only get the Library Book Sale. If I do get anything, it usually ends up going back there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some day I will make it to a book expo! ;-) Great cookbook finds!

    ReplyDelete
  3. After reading your description, I went looking for a copy and was able to snag a copy of Peach Truck from Edelweiss. I always like Taste of Home. (finally back from my trip -- hope to see you next year at BookExpo)

    ReplyDelete