Powered By Blogger

Friday, December 10, 2010

Friday Five- Volume 9

The Friday Five is Back! If you are lucky enough to have a Trader Joe's near you, you know they have great prices. I'm so happy that a new one opened on 72nd & Broadway. I just hop on the M72 bus and I'm there and back quickly. This week it's 


Five Things I Always Buy at Trader's Joes:


1. Dark Chocolate Sea Salt Caramels- They only carry them at Christmas, so I stock up. They are so tasty, and they make the perfect hostess gift. If you invite me to a holiday party, you are definitely getting a box!


2. Cranberry Bread Mix- Another seasonal item, this is the best quick bread mix I've ever had. Easy to make, too.


3. Heart Healthy Whole Grain Cranberry Oatmeal- I eat this every morning. It has flaxseed in it and 6 grams of fiber per packet. A great way to start the day.


4. Jumbo Cinnamon Rolls w/ Icing- My family loves cinnamon rolls, and these are the best we've tasted. They beat Pillsbury by a mile. Keep them in the frig for weekend breakfasts.


5. Extra Virgin Olive Oil- A huge bottle costs just $5.99 and it has a nice flavor too. I use a lot of olive oil to cook with, so this is a necessity.


What are your must-buys from Trader Joes? Share in the comments section.

4 comments:

  1. maple syrup - great price, cornbread mix - the best!, breakfast blend coffee (I don't do whole beans during the week), Mandarin Orange Chicken (a treat for the kids when J's travelling - he won't eat it!), and Cranberry instant oatmeal (make it w/ 2/3 cup milk in the microwave for 1 1/2 minutes - yum!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love TJ's! Although I haven't tried any of these items - will put them on list for next time!

    Must check out the 72nd and Bway one - I went to the one in Chelsea and loved it - its so big (used to be the B&N on 6th ave). That one on 14th is claustrophobic and stressful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My son loves the Mandarin Orange Chicken too. I'll have to try the cornbread and maple syrup- thanks for the tip!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Colleen- you'll love the 72nd St one- so much room and much more product. I agree about the Union Square one- waaay too crowded.

    ReplyDelete