Powered By Blogger

Thursday, June 10, 2010

BEA Roundup Part IV- The Authors,- Adriana Trigiani- Swoon!


Celebrities are fun, but it's our favorite authors who make readers swoon. At last year's BEA, I got to meet Adriana Trigiani, author of The Big Stone Gap books, (which I love!) and her newest trilogy features Valentine Roncalli and her crazy, lovable family who live and work in New York City and make gorgeous shoes. My reviews of the first two books Very Valentine and Brava,Valentine are here.

I also saw her at a book signing at Barnes & Noble on 86th St. in February and she was so funny and charming and sweet!

This year, Adriana was again signing at BEA. All of us in line who had met her before were sharing stories of how wonderful she is, when she came down the line with hugs and kisses for all of us. I am amazed that she remembers me, but she does. People at her publishing house said that she truly treasures her readers, and it shows. She makes us feel like we are her friends. She asked if I will be blogging again about this and then said that we have to make sure and get a good photo for the blog post. (What do you think?)

One woman in line had never met her before and after she got a hug, turned to us and said, "Who was that?" We laughed as we told her that was Adriana. "That was the author?", she said, in shock that Adriana would take the time to visit us before the signing.

Adriana is working on a nonfiction book about her family, and I am so looking forward to reading it when it publishes. My favorite part of BEA is always seeing Adriana, and I was very envious of the five bloggers who got to have tea with her after winning a contest. Lucky ladies!

8 comments:

  1. I was one of those bloggers -- squeeee! She is just fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you enjoyed it- she is the best!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome to know that some authors are like that!

    ReplyDelete
  4. She really makes you feel like a friend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would love to have met her - her books are fabulous! Can't wait for the third in the Valentine series.

    ReplyDelete
  6. She usually does a few book events in NYC every year- you have to go see her; you'd love her!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I got to have tea with her too - she was fab! And you are right: she makes you feel like you're friends.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lenore- I saw pictures of your tea- lucky lady! It looked like fun.

    ReplyDelete