Powered By Blogger

Friday, January 13, 2023

Friday 5ive- Christmas Catchup 2022

It's been awhile since we've had a Friday 5ive, between being so busy at work and with Christmas preparations. The first Friday 5ive of 2023 contains five things that made me happy during Christmas of 2022. We spent Christmas as a family at our home in Florida so we were all together in a sunny, warm climate.

1)  On our first night, we went to Owen's Fish Camp in Sarasota. They have the best fish dishes in a casual atmosphere. They don't take reservations and it's always busy, so we lucked out only having to wait a few minutes for our delicious dinners. There is a scupture of a man sitting at the entrance holding a beer that looks so life-like it makes many people take a second look to see if it a real person sitting there.



2)  On Christmas Eve, we made a new dessert, a Strawberry Trifle Cake, made with already prepared angel food cake so it was a little lighter in calories. My creative daughter-in-law decorated the top of the cake with strawberries and blueberries to look like a Christmas tree. I found the recipe on Pinterest from Uncommon Designs Online here.


3)  While the guys golfed, my daughter-in-law and I hit up the Barnes & Noble big 50% off hardcover sale the day after Christmas. The B&N we visited was huge, and had the biggest Children's section I have ever seen. It's a gorgeous store and I picked up Christmas cards for next year, three hardcover books, and this cute Season's Readings snow globe. It was a worthwhile visit indeed.
This is just a portion of the B&N children's section


4)  There is a Little Free Library on the main road in our area. My son's dog Otto and I walked there everyday to refresh the books from my own library. After the second time we refilled the library, Otto looked up at me wanting a treat for our good deed. Dogs learn fast! 


5) We stopped to get a drink at the Longboat Key Club and they had a beautiful Christmas tree up in their lobby so we took a photo next to it. The funny thing is, we stopped back in on New Year's Eve and they had the tree taken down like it was never there. They work quickly.




I hope you all had a happy holiday season and I wish you a happy, healthy 2023 to you all.
 

This post was shared on The Intrpeid Reader's Weekend Cooking post. You can read more food related posts here.



1 comment:

  1. love your trifle Christmas tree made of strawberries. How great to get 50% off at Barnes and Noble. Glad you enjoyed your family time in Florida!

    ReplyDelete