1) We spent some time in the lovely town of Skaneateles and we were delighted that it was Antique Book Show weekend. We used to take our sons when they were little guys to see the beautiful boats, so it brought back so many happy memories.
2) The sign of the week comes from The Blue Water Grill in Skaneateles, where they kindly offer their babysitting services for wives who want to drop off their husbands while they peruse the lovely shops on Main Street.
3) On Saturday night, the Auburn Education Foundation was hosting a fundraiser at Emerson Park with the Cavern Club Beatles, a Beatles tribute band direct from Liverpool, England. They were terrific, they sounded just like the Beatles, and by the end of the show they had the huge crowd up and dancing the night away. It was a blast! You can watch a performance from them on YouTube here.
|The Cavern Club Beatles in their Sgt. Pepper's costumes|
4) John Lennon's sister, Julia Baird, was at the event to promote her book Imagine This, about growing up with her brother John. Can you imagine my excitement that there was a book signing at the concert? Of course I purchased a signed book, you need not even ask. Julia Baird's website is here.
|Julia Baird and me|
5) The weekend was so much fun, and it was great to have my whole family together. There's nothing like family. We also managed to get the ol' gang back together to go to the concert, so we got to see all the people we love from back home in one weekend, no small achievement.
|Family is everything|
|San Gennaro Club|