Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, January 5, 2021

My Year By The Numbers

The year 2020 is one that is destined to be remembered by us all for a long time. We will look back on it as the year we hunkered down in our homes, trying to stay away from the Coronavirus. When my friend Dorothy and I closed and locked the door at the Book Cellar on March 12th, we did not think we would still be closed ten months later, not knowing when we will go back.

It's been ten months of trying to keep busy at our apartment in New York City- trying everyday to decide  what to make for dinner, figuring out how to order groceries on Wegmans.com and Instacart for delivery. We rented a summer home in Westchester and got grocery deliveries from Costco and DeCiccos, a beautiful family-owned grocery store.

On this look back at 2020 by the numbers, we received:
14 deliveries from Wegmans
8 deliveries from Costco (New Rochelle)
4 deliveries from DeCiccos (Pelham) 




Thank goodness we had our Peloton bike, it kept me sane and healthy, and a reason to get out of bed every morning to ride. In 2020:
I rode 2627.20 miles
Took 382 cycling classes (Yacht Rock was my favorite!)
101 Strength classes 
My favorite Peloton instructor- Jenn Sherman


I did 6 virtual bike races- (these total miles are included in the above Peloton numbers)
Summer Around the Finger Lakes- 408.2 miles (cycling around the 11 Finger Lakes- my sons joined in)
WNY Rail Trail Foliage Challenge- 269.26 (the distance of the Western Region and Finger Lakes Rail Trails)
Manhattan to Montauk- 180 miles (two friends joined in)
Run for Ruth- 87 miles
Winter Quest- The New York State Snow Belt from Niagara Falls to Albany- 300 miles
Ring of Kerry- ride around the Ring of Kerry in Ireland 124.3 miles 
My WNY Rail Trail medal and jacket


Of course I read- a LOT. My usual goal is to read 100 books, and I usually end up in the 80-85 book range. There were many days during the summer when I could read a book in a single day. This year-
137 books read
47,507 pages read
113 female authors
24 male authors
113 fiction
24 nonfiction
20 historical fiction
9 thriller/mysteries
21 romance
11 series books
3 books by Jenny Colgan
2 books by Chris Bohjalian
20 books that made multiple Best of 2020 lists
My bookshelves
Here is a link to the best ten books I read this year.


Let's hope for a better 2021, in the meantime, stay safe, socially distant, wear a mask and wash your hands until we can beat this virus with the vaccine.



2 comments:

  1. I've had a Peloton for a few months now and I love it! Looks like you had a great year of reading. I tried to click on the link for your best ten books, but very odd thing happened. It took me to MY blogger page! I can't imagine it's taking all of your readers there, but you might want to double check that link. :)

    ReplyDelete