Powered By Blogger

Friday, May 6, 2022

Friday 5ive- Boston edition

Welcome to the Friday 5ive, a weekly(ish) blog post featuring five things that caught my attention. This week's special edition shares five things from our family trip to Boston a few weekends ago.

1) My Dad's favorite basketball player was Boston Celtic Larry Bird, and we stumbled upon a plaque with Larry Bird's bronzed shoes in Faneuil Hall Square. 


2) My Dad loved the Boston Red Sox too, and since it was opening day for the Red Sox, opening NBA playoff game between the Celtics and Brooklyn Nets, the Bruins hosted a hockey game, and Boston Marathon weekend, it was big sports celebration weekend in Boston. There was an MLB display up in Faneuil Hall Square with all four of the Boston Red Sox World Series trophies. 


3) A lovely friend from Boston gifted me with this pretty plate from a store in Newport, Rhode Island and I think the sentiment is appropriate.


4) We made a visit to the John F. Kennedy Presidential Library on Easter Sunday. It was the perfect day day to go, there were no crowds. The movie on the Cuban Missile Crisis was particularly well done, with audio recordings from the Oval Office that were insightful. I love Presidential Libraries, I could spend all day in them.

The famous rocking chair from Kenndy's Oval Office



From a special exhibit on JFK's children in the White House

There was an exhibit on Ernest Hemingway's books down a hallway

RFK's desk from his Attorney General's office

5) While the guys golfed, the girls wandered the city (we walked over 15 miles in two days), and found this wonderful Italian bookstore in the North End. I Am Books had lots of books in Italian, and a nicely curated section of cookbooks and food items. I really liked the store and bought a book while I was there. If you find yourself in the North End, be sure to stop in.

The foodie section

Their chocolates were tempting

I purchased The Personal Librarian from I Am Books

We had some wonderful meals and truly enjoyed our whirlwind tour of Boston.




1 comment:

  1. I've never been to any Presidential Library, though I'm sure I would love the Kennedy one you depicted. I think the Gerald Ford papers reside in our town (Ann Arbor, where he was on the football team) but that doesn't sound nearly as appealing.

    best... mae at maefood.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete