Powered By Blogger

Friday, April 30, 2010

The Friday 56


It's time for The Friday 56, where we share a sentence from the closest book to us.
Join in the fun!~

Rules:
* Grab the book nearest you. Right now.
* Turn to page 56.
* Find the fifth sentence.
* Post that sentence (plus one or two others if you like) along with these instructions on your blog or (if you do not have your own blog) in the comments section of this blog.
*Post a link along with your post back to to Storytime with Tonya and Friends at http://storytimewithtonya.blogspot.com/
* Don't dig for your favorite book, the coolest, the most intellectual. Use the CLOSEST.

HAPPY FRIDAY!

My book is Carol Burnett's This Time Together: Laughter and Reflection
(She's being chased by a mugger.)

My heart jumped up into my throat as I started to walk faster and faster. So did he. I turned the corner. He turned the corner.

OK, I'll tell you that she scared him away with her Tarzan yell, as only Carol could do.

2 comments:

  1. Oh, I would love to read this book! Carol Burnett is one of my favorites...

    Here's my 56:

    http://embracethewhirlwind.wordpress.com/2010/04/30/the-friday-56-3/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got to meet Carol at the book signing. She is so lovely in person, had a kind word for everyone.

    ReplyDelete