Powered By Blogger

Saturday, January 7, 2012

Lemon Cream Chicken with Champagne Risotto


For dinner the other night, I made a recipe from Rachael Ray’s Big Orange Book, Lemon Cream Chicken with Champagne Risotto and Asparagus. It was the first time I made it, and it turned out wonderfully delicious.

Rachael made her risotto, but I found this packaged risotto made by Scotti at Agata & Valentina, an Italian grocery store in my neighborhood. It is so easy and tastes like the risotto you’d find at a really good Italian restaurant. So I was able to eliminate that step in her recipe. I also added the champagne at the end of cooking the risotto.

I also used regular thick-cut bacon instead of the pancetta, and it made it heartier. The dish looks so pretty plated up, and it got good reviews from my husband and younger son. It’s perfect for a special dinner and it’s going into regular rotation at the LaRue household.

It only makes two servings, so you will have to adjust to serve more. Click on the recipe below for the link to the recipe on Rachael Ray's website.




Lemon Cream Chicken with Risotto

Scotti Risotto
This post is part of Beth Fish Reads Weekend Cooking.  If you have anything related to food, cookbook reviews, novel or non-fiction book reviews, recipes, movie reviews, etc., head over to Beth Fish Reads and add your post. Or, if you want to read food related posts, head over to read what some interesting people have to say about food!




7 comments:

  1. I can't believe that I've never had risotto!! This sounds absolutely to die for but my husband doesn't like lemon very much. Might just have to treat myself next time he's way for the evening!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You could always skip the lemon peel, and you must have risotto. It is sinfully delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love risotto, your dish looks so good! Now I have a craving :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I adore risotto. It's a snap to make in the pressure cooker -- and (as I've already said today) I love lemon, so this would be a dish for me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks fabulous!
    I love the combination of lemon, chicken, asparagus any day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That looks delicious--will definitely have to try this one. Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  7. thanks for linking this in - looks scrumptious. Isn't it a delightful collection of chicken recipes? I find it a wonderful resource for inspiration.

    ReplyDelete