Powered By Blogger

Thursday, May 24, 2012

Win a copy of Laura Moriarty's THE CHAPERONE



I was lucky enough to read an early copy of Laura Moriarty's new novel, The Chaperone, about a woman who accompanies a teenage Louise Brooks, before she became a silent film star, to New York City one summer. I fell in love with the book, it is one of my favorites of the year, and my review is here.

The publishers of the book, Riverhead, is offering a personalized signed copy of the book to one of my readers. To enter, leave a comment in the comments section (US and Canada only, please). You can get an extra entry in the contest by signing up to be a follower of my blog.

The winner will be drawn on May 31st.


Read more about The Chaperone at Laura's Facebook fanpage




16 comments:

  1. My daughter and I enjoy your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would really enjoy reading The Chaperone.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Diane - I love your book recommendations! Just finished The Homecoming of Samuel Lake, which was wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the opportunity to win The Chaperone - i really like the cover !

    ReplyDelete
  5. This book looks amazing! Would love to win a copy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, please! Have heard great things.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds wonderful! Would be cool to win it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've heard great things about this book.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for convincing me to read this book and also Ann Patchett.
    By the way, there's a pretty good movie about the orphan train; I can't recall if it's a Disney movie or another one.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for convincing me to read this book and also Ann Patchett.

    By the way, there's a pretty good movie about the orphan train; I can't recall if it's a Disney movie or another one.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for convincing me to read this book and also Ann Patchett.

    By the way, there's a pretty good movie about the orphan train; I can't recall if it's a Disney movie or another one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thanks for the info on the orphan train movie; I'll have to look for that.

      Delete
  12. Laura Moriarty offers her readers a trip through history in her new novel, "The Chaperone." She continues to extol the pleasures of Wichita, Kansas, as in her previous novels, highlighting the neighborhoods, the friendliness, the small-town ability to stop and chat. This time, she jumps into the past to show how people, especially women, learn and change through exposure to big ideas.

    The main character, Cora, is sent from a New York orphanage on the orphan train to the Midwest. It is up to Fate whether Cora will be chosen by good people or people who want a child-slave for their farm?

    ReplyDelete