Saturday, June 26, 2010
Friday Five- Volume 4
This week's Friday Five are five things that made me go WOW.
1. Broadway Boys- Broadway Boys are six Broadway singers, all tenors, who sang the most beautiful rendition of "Defying Gravity" from Wicked that it gave me goosebumps. I saw them at the Sirius XM Radio's Live on Broadway taping on Wednesday, and I just saw that they are going to be at Barnes & Noble Lincoln Triangle on July 6th at 5pm. I will be there!
2. Million Dollar Quartet- the performers from Broadway's Million Dollar Quartet performed three songs at the CD signing at Barnes & Noble Lincoln Triangle, and they had the audience almost out of their seats as they sang Jerry Lee Lewis' "Whole Lotta Shakin' Going On". I can't wait to see that show.
3. Skinny Cow's Chocolate Fudge Truffle Bar- I can't believe anything this rich and tasty is only 100 calories. And it's Best Life Approved by Oprah's diet guru Bob Greene.
4. Emma Donoghue's upcoming novel Room- I got an advanced reader copy of Emma Donoghue's Room at BEA, and it took but a few hours to read this incredible, heartbreaking novel. Told from the point of view of a five-year-old boy who is being held hostage in a room with his mother (who was kidnapped at the age of 19), it has drawn comparisons to The Lovely Bones, but I think it is even better.
The book comes out in September, and I will definitely be reviewing it before then. It is the best book I have read this year.
5. The lobster roll from Luke's Lobster- A new restaurant opened up a few blocks from my apartment, on 81st between 2nd & 3rd Ave., and Luke's Lobster has the most amazing lobster roll. Just a touch of mayonnaise, a little butter and seasoned just right, this is a special lunch treat. It's a little pricey at $14, but worth it.
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
That is the second mention of Luke's Lobster I have seen this weekend - I will have to give it a try!ReplyDelete
Oh you will love it. It's a little pricey, but worth a special treat. We'll have to go sometime for lunch.ReplyDelete
#3 - Where can I get this Fudge Truffle Bar?ReplyDelete
#4 - You had me at "...better than Lovely Bones".
#5 - Can we go? I LOVE lobster rolls?
#3- You should be able to find it in grocery stores that sell Skinny Cow frozen treats.
#4- Did you get a copy at BEA?
#5- The next time you come to the city, we'll hit up Luke's Lobster!
You've made me really excited about Room!ReplyDelete
I can't say enough good things about it.ReplyDelete