Powered By Blogger

Friday, June 5, 2009

BEA- Part 2- So many authors, so little time


There were several authors at BEA who had books I have wanting to read, and I was lucky enough to meet the authors and get a copy of their book.

Kelly Corrigan is the author of The Middle Place, a memoir about growing up the middle child in her family, and the year she and her dad were both diagnosed with cancer. I have heard so much great buzz about this book, I was lucky to be able to meet her and her father. (photo above). Her book clearly touched many lives, as there were many people in line to meet her, and they all had wonderful stories about how her book affected them.

Jonathan Miles wrote a novel, Dear American Airlines, about a man who was on the way to his estranged daughter's wedding when he got caught in the hell that can be the airport experience (anyone who has had a flight delayed forever knows this). This has been on my radar for awhile, so I was pleased to get a signed copy.

Robert Goolrick's A Reliable Wife has been in my sights, and I got to meet the very unassuming man who wrote this spooky, mysterious book. One librarian gushed about how great this book is, and it is on the very top of my To Be Read pile.

Nevada Barr is a mystery writer, and while I don't read a lot of mysteries, I have run across her books for years, and was able to meet her and get a signed copy of 13 1/2. I'm looking forward to diving in. She's a very classy lady.

Speaking of mysteries, Linwood Barclay, who wrote the award-winning chilling mystery, No Time for Goodbye, is back with Fear the Worst, which should appeal to Harlan Coben fans.

Dorothea Benton Frank was there signing Return to Sullivans Island, continuing the popular saga of the Hayes and Hamilton families. She looked lovely and was very sweet.

No comments:

Post a Comment